Malwarebytes subscriptions can be used across different devices, platforms and products. You can deactivate or remove a device from your subscription:
- To free up a seat when you've reached your subscription's device limit.
- To remove the subscription when you need to repair, replace or sell your device, or from a lost or stolen device.
- To transfer the subscription to another device. For more information on transferring a subscription between devices, see Transfer your subscription to a different device.
There are two ways to deactivate your device.
Option 1: Deactivate the device in My Account
Note: VPN for Windows or Mac does not allow you to deactivate a device in-product. If using one of these products, you need to deactivate the device using My Account.
A My Account login is required to perform the steps below. To create a login, see Create and manage your Malwarebytes Account.
- Log in to My Account.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Click the subscription card.
- Under the Devices column, locate the device you want to deactivate.
- Click the 3-dot icon to the right.
- Click Deactivate.
- In the pop-up box, click Remove device.
Option 2: Deactivate the device in the product
To deactivate on your Windows or macOS device:
- Open the app.
- Click the person icon in the top right corner.
- Click My subscription.
- Click Deactivate Subscription (Windows) or Deactivate License (macOS)
- Click Yes (Windows) or Deactivate (macOS) to confirm.
For instructions on how to deactivate your Android or iOS device, see Manage your account in Mobile Security v5
For instructions on how to deactivate a previous product version, click the product link below: