To deactivate the Premium Trial of Malwarebytes on Windows devices, open the application, then go to the Settings > Account Details tab. Deactivating the Premium Trial downgrades Malwarebytes for Windows to the Free version.
Deactivate Premium Trial on Windows devices
- Open Malwarebytes.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Account Details tab.
- Click Deactivate Premium Trial.
- Click Yes to deactivate the Premium Trial.
- After you click Yes, a Premium Trial expired notification appears.
Choose from one of the following options:
- To upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows Premium, click Upgrade to real-time protection.
- To continue using the free version, click I don't need real-time protection.
- Click OK.
- To verify you are allowing Malwarebytes for Windows to make changes to your device, click Yes.
When the Premium Trial has been deactivated, you can continue to use the free version of Malwarebytes for Windows to scan your computer for malware.
Once the trial is disabled, Malwarebytes for Windows reverts to a very limited but still free version that only disinfects your computer after an attack. We recommend the full real-time protection of Malwarebytes Premium for Windows to prevent infection in the first place.
To know the different features available in the Free and Premium versions, visit Malwarebytes for Windows - Antivirus Replacement for PCs | Malwarebytes