The Malwarebytes Support Tool troubleshoots, repairs, and resolves issues with Malwarebytes for Windows version 4. If you're experiencing a technical issue with Malwarebytes for Windows, you can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to repair that issue.
The steps in this article detail the Repair option. This option uninstalls and re-installs Malwarebytes for Windows while saving your setting configurations and Premium license key. Use the Repair option if you don't have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support. If you do have an open support ticket, see Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- In the Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
- In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required to run the Support Tool on your computer. If you do not have a .NET 4.0 Framework, you will receive the following error while running the tool:
- In the .NET 4.0 Framework not found pop-up window, click OK to open Microsoft's download page and download the latest .NET Framework components.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required to run the Support Tool on your computer. If you do not have a .NET 4.0 Framework, you will receive the following error while running the tool:
- In the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement pop-up window, check the box () next to Accept License Agreement to consent to the agreement terms.
- Click Next to complete the installation. The Malwarebytes Support Tool automatically opens.
- On the Dashboard page, click I don't have an open support ticket.
- On the Which product(s) do you need help with? page, click the product you're having issues with.
- Click Repair.
- On the What do you need help with? page, select the tile that best describes your issue.
- On the Please tell us more page, enter additional details of the issue in the Description of issue box.
- Click Continue. This begins the repair process which can last for a few minutes. Before the next step, save all of your work and close other apps.
- In the Malwarebytes Repair pop-up window, click OK. This automatically restarts your computer. The Malwarebytes Support Tool downloads and runs the installer for the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Install, and follow the installer prompts to complete the installation. After the installation of Malwarebytes, a confirmation appears Repair Process Complete.
You have successfully repaired Malwarebytes for Windows and restored all of your previous settings.