Malwarebytes Toolset 188.8.131.529 released on January 31, 2017.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3 or Higher - Issue Scanner Does Not Support Windows XP, Windows Server, or Windows Insider Preview.
- .NET Framework v4 - Limited Functionality if Not Installed
- Processor with SSE2 support
- 512 MB of RAM - 1GB Recommended
- Internet Connection - Only required for performing updates and initial 48 hour activation of Malwarebytes Breach Remediation.
- Run from a writable storage device, e.g. internal HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, external HDD/SSD, etc.
Key Features Overview
- Malwarebytes Issue Scanner (Windows OS issue identification only) added to Scan module to identify Windows OS Issues (Windows Vista+ only) in the following categories:
- Device Manager Errors
- Default Windows Services
- Default File Associations
- Group Policies
- Network Connectivity
- Winsock Integrity
- WMI Integrity
- Windows Installer Integrity
- Malwarebytes Breach Remediation integrated in to toolset's Scan module and GUI, aka Malware Scan.
- Custom Scan Configuration added to Scan module to customize Malwarebytes Breach Remediation based scans; Hyper, Threat, Full, Custom, Update Only, and Default Scan.
- Malwarebytes 184.108.40.2069 installer added to the toolset package and the Protect section of the Toolbox.
- AdwCleaner 6.043 added to the toolset package and the Remediate section of the Toolbox.
- MyTools Editor now includes a Batch Import function
- MBTSLauncher.exe added to the root of the toolset package to facilitate compatibility checking and enforce stability.
- Toolset folder structure reorganized to support launcher capability and overall toolset stability.
- Running Malwarebytes Breach Remediation from the Scan tab no longer opens a separate Command Prompt window.
- Malwarebytes Toolset logo updated.
- Command-Line Malware Scan (powered by Malwarebytes Breach Remediation) added to Remediate section of the Toolbox.
- Command-Line Rootkit Scan (powered by Malwarebytes Breach Remediation) added to Remediate section of the Toolbox.
- Launch Windows Defender Offline (Windows 10 v1511+ only) added to Remediate section of the Toolbox
- Resolved USB flash drive compatibility issue.
- Resolved Network Adapter crash issue.
- Resolved Malwarebytes Breach Remediation issue that would frequently ignore keyboard input.
- Resolved Malwarebytes Breach Remediation issue that would only remove small amounts of malware on systems with large infections
Functionality Limitations when .NET Framework v4 is not installed
- Malware Scan will not function. Use the Command-Line Malware Scan on systems without .NET Framework 4.
- Some Issue Scanner features may not run.