Malwarebytes Browser Guard provides a safer and faster web browsing experience by:
- blocking ads
- blocking websites suspected of compromising your online safety
- blocking third-party trackers
This app is not a replacement for Real-Time Protection provided by Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome.
- Devices: available for desktop and laptop computers, including Chromebooks. Browser Guard is not available to use on the mobile versions of Chrome browser.
- While using Chrome, click the following link to install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
- Next to Malwarebytes Browser Guard, click Add to Chrome.
- In the Add Malwarebytes Browser Guard? pop-up, click Add extension.
- A pop-up box appears indicating Browser Guard was added to Chrome. The Malwarebytes logo appears to the right of your Chrome Browser search bar, indicating Browser Guard is installed.
- To keep the Browser Guard icon pinned to the address bar, click the Extension button, then the Pin button next to Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
Watch this video to see how to install Browser Guard on your Chrome browser:
Return to the Malwarebytes Browser Guard guide.