- Compatible with:
If you have a ticket with Support, you can upload troubleshooting logs to your ticket using the Support Tool on your macOS device. This tool gathers data that helps us isolate and resolve issues with our app.
To run this tool, your device must be running at a minimum of macOS 10.10.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Ignore flags or blocks on your browser as the tool is safe for your device. If you use the Safari web browser, the zip file will expand automatically in your Downloads folder.
- Locate the downloaded file MBST-Mac in your Downloads. Double-click the file to run the Support Tool.
- You may be asked to confirm you wish to open the tool. Click Open to consent.
Note: Mojave 10.14.x users must allow the Malwarebytes Support Tool to access the Finder app and system events. To address privacy concerns, the Malwarebytes Support Tool does not access your Contacts or Calendar.
- A pop-up describes the Malwarebytes Support Tool process to gather troubleshooting information related to any technical issues on your Mac device. Click OK.
- Enter your Mac User Name and Password to continue. The Malwarebytes Support Tool does not gather any personal information. This only permits the tool to gather troubleshooting data.
Click OK after entering credentials.
- The Malwarebytes Support Tool gathers system information. A blue bar shows the progress.
Once finished, a pop-up notifies you that the Support Tool gathered the needed information and created a zip file on your desktop.
- Find the newly created MWB_Info.zip file on your desktop and attach it to your reply email to Malwarebytes Support. If the file size is too large to attach, please contact your support agent for an alternative.
Your Support agent will review the logs to further assist you in troubleshooting your issues.