Play Mode allows you to hide Malwarebytes notifications when selected apps are open on Windows devices. We recommend enabling Play Mode when playing games, watching movies, and giving presentations. This article explains how to enable and disable Play Mode, and how to select the applications that you want to use in Play Mode. Play Mode is available for Malwarebytes Premium subscribers.
Turn Play Mode On or Off
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Settings, then click the Notifications tab.
- Scroll down to the Play Mode section.
- Suspend notifications and updates when selected apps are open toggle is On by default. Switch off the toggle if you wish to always see Malwarebytes notifications.
You can add new applications to the Play Mode list to hide Malwarebytes notifications while using the app. Learn how to manage applications for the Play Mode feature below.
Manage Applications for Play Mode
- Click Add in the bottom right of the Play Mode section.
- Select the application and click Open. The application gets added to the Play Mode list.
- To delete an application from the list, hover the cursor over the application name, and click the Delete icon that appears.