Some activation issues in Malwarebytes Premium are caused by minor errors, such as an incorrect or missing character. Malwarebytes for Android may not accept your license key if:
- the characters in your license key have been entered incorrectly.
- the license key is not compatible with the Malwarebytes product you are trying to activate.
- the license key is expired, blacklisted, or has been activated too many times.
To help resolve activation issues, we recommend you:
- check your license key for missing or incorrect characters. For example, the letter S can be mistaken for the number 5.
- copy and paste your license key instead of typing in the key manually.
- make sure you've entered your license ID, if you have an ID.
- You may have activated all of your available devices already. Deactivate your license key from your other device to allow for activation on another device. Refer to Transfer or Deactivate Malwarebytes Premium license key.