The Malwarebytes for Mac version 4 program interface is designed to be stripped down and simple to navigate. We intend to make configuring and using the program easy for you. The example below highlights each section of the Dashboard screen layout. The Dashboard acts as the main menu for the program.
The buttons displayed here vary depending on if you have activated Malwarebytes Premium, or have the Trial or Free version of the app. The upper-left corner of the app shows the Malwarebytes logo and the version you have.
- If you have Malwarebytes Premium, you see the My Account button. Click this button to view your Malwarebytes Edition, subscription Status, and Expiration date of your Malwarebytes Premium subscription.
- If you have the Malwarebytes Trial or Malwarebytes Free version, you see the following button in the Title bar:
If you click the Activate License button, the activation screen opens so you can type in your license key and activate Malwarebytes Premium features.
- You see the following buttons in the Title bar in all version of Malwarebytes:
- If you click the the Settings cog icon , the Settings menu opens to allow you to configure Malwarebytes for your Mac, view license key details. If you have Malwarebytes Premium or the Trial version, you can schedule scans from the Settings menu.
- If you click the Help question mark icon , the Malwarebytes for Mac version 4 user guide opens in your web browser.
The center of the screen provides current program status and an Upgrade to Premium button if you are using the Trial or Free versions. This area will warn you to take action if a Real-Time Protection layer is turned off. If no action is needed, this area lets you know that your device is protected.
The Detection History card shows how many threats were quarantined from your last scan, and how many threats are quarantined in total. Click it to expand the Detection History menu to view the following tabs:
- Quarantine items: Click this tab to view a list of all detected and neutralized threats found by a Malwarebytes scan. Here you can check the boxes next to items you want removed from your device, then click Delete. If you see items you want to keep on your device, check the boxes next to these items and click Restore.
- Reports: Click this tab to view a list of scan and protection reports, and other events, for Malwarebytes. You can filter this list by Scans, Quarantine, Licensing, Configuration, Updates, Notifications, and Miscellaneous events. You can check the boxes next to reports you want removed from the list, then click Delete.
The Scanner tile shows the time for the next scheduled scan, if you are using the Premium or Trial versions. Any version of Malwarebytes shows a blue Scan button in this tile. Click it to initiate a Threat Scan on your device. You can instead click anywhere else on this tile to expand the Scanner menu. The expanded menu shows the following buttons:
- Scan: This starts a Threat Scan. This button functions the same if you click in on the Dashboard of the program, or within the Scanner card.
- Scheduled Scans: Click this button to display the Scheduled Scans menu and view your scheduled scans and when they will initiate. You can add new scans, edit existing scheduled scans, and configure them from this menu.
The Real-Time Protection card shows both Malware protection and App Block protection layers in Malwarebytes. You can turn either of these layers off, but we recommend leaving them on to stay protected. The Real-Time Protection layers are only available to Malwarebytes Premium and Trial users. For more information, see Real-Time Protection in Malwarebytes for Mac.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Mac guide