To download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows, follow the steps below. These steps also apply to reinstallation or how to get back the program in case of an accidental uninstall.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- In the Downloads folder, double-click the MBSetup.exe setup file. In most cases, downloaded files are saved to the Downloads folder. If the User Account Control pop-up window appears, click Yes to allow the installation of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Install. To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options.
- When asked Who are you trying to protect?, choose one of the following:
- Me or my family: Choose this option if you are using the device in a home or non-business environment.
- My organization: Choose this option if you are using the device in a business environment.
Note: You'll receive an option to install Malwarebytes Browser Guard for browser protection. Click Yes, sounds good to install Browser Guard along with the antivirus and security app. Learn more about Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
- After the installation is complete, click Done.
- Open the Malwarebytes app and click Get started.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Buy now: Purchase a Malwarebytes subscription to unlock all protection features.
- Activate Subscription: Sign in or enter your license key to activate your Malwarebytes subscription.
- If you purchased a subscription from the Malwarebytes website and logged in to your Malwarebytes My Account profile, enter your Email and Password and click Sign in. If you forgot your password, see Forgot password for My Account.
- If you have your license key available, click Enter license key. On the next page, enter your license key and click Activate license.
- Maybe later: This activates a free 14-day Malwarebytes Trial version. If you've already used your Trial period on the device, the Malwarebytes Free version opens instead. This version only removes existing infections and has no proactive protection. Add your email to our mailing list to get news, safety tips and exclusive offers and click Get Started or Open Malwarebytes Free.
- You are taken to the main Dashboard of the program.
To activate a Malwarebytes subscription after installation, see Activate your subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows.
Note: To pin Malwarebytes for Windows to your taskbar, click HERE for instructions.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide.