Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows to start protecting and removing threats from your computer.
- Download Malwarebytes for Windows.
- In the Downloads folder, double-click the MBSetup.exe setup file.
Note: Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder. If you're unsure where your downloaded files are being saved, refer to Windows' article here.
- If the User Account Control pop-up window appears, click Yes to allow the installation of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Install. To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options.
- When asked Who are you trying to protect?, choose one of the following:
- Me or my family: Select this option if you're using the device in a home setting.
- My organization: Select this option if you are using the device in a business environment.
- The next screen asks you to install Malwarebytes Browser Guard for browser protection.
- Click Yes, sounds good to install Browser Guard along with the antivirus and security app.
- Click Skip this for now if you already have it installed, or want to find out more about this product before installing it. To learn more, see the Malwarebytes Browser Guard product page.
- The installation may require a restart. Save your work before clicking Restart computer.
Note: The installer will re-open once the computer restarts.
- After the installation is complete, click Done.
- Open the Malwarebytes app and click Get started.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Buy now: Purchase a Malwarebytes subscription to unlock all protection features.
- Activate Subscription: Sign in with your My Account credentials or enter your license key to activate your Malwarebytes subscription.
- Maybe later: Activate a free 14-day Trial. If you've already used your Trial period, the Malwarebytes Free version opens instead, which only removes existing threats and has no proactive protection.
- You are taken to the main Dashboard of the program.
Note: To pin Malwarebytes for Windows to your taskbar, click HERE for instructions.
To activate a Malwarebytes subscription after installation, see Activate your subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide.