To download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows, follow the steps below. These steps also apply to reinstallation or how to get back the program in case of an accidental uninstall.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- In the Downloads folder, double-click the MBSetUp.exe setup file. In most cases, downloaded files are saved to the Downloads folder. If the User Account Control pop-up window appears, click Yes to allow the installation of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- When asked Where are you installing Malwarebytes?, choose one of the following:
- Personal computer: Choose this option if you are using the device in a home or nonbusiness environment.
- Work computer: Choose this option if you are using the device in a business environment.
- To agree to the End User License Agreement, click Agree and Install. To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options.
- In the Welcome to Malwarebytes page, click Get started. If you chose Work computer in step 4, the Malwarebytes dashboard for Business displays.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Buy now: Purchase a Malwarebytes subscription to unlock all protection features.
- Activate Subscription: Sign in or enter your license key to activate your Malwarebytes subscription.
- If you purchased a subscription from the Malwarebytes website and logged in to your Malwarebytes My Account profile, enter your Email and Password and click Sign in. If you forgot your password, see Forgot password for My Account.
- If you have your license key available, click Enter license key. On the next page, enter your license key and click Activate license.
- Maybe later: This activates a free 14-day Malwarebytes Trial version. If you've already used your Trial period on the device, the Malwarebytes Free version opens instead. This version only removes existing infections and has no proactive protection. Add your email to our mailing list to get news, safety tips and exclusive offers and click Get Started or Open Malwarebytes Free.
You are taken to the main Dashboard of the program. Malwarebytes is successfully installed on your Windows device. To activate a Malwarebytes subscription after installation, see Activate your subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide.