- Compatible with:
- Available in:
- Mobile Security
Malwarebytes maintains and constantly updates detection databases. These databases are used by the Mobile Security version 5 scanning features to identify threats on your device. To protect your device and privacy, we recommend setting database updates to auto update on a regular frequency to ensure your device is using the latest database version.
- Tap Settings from the Dashboard.
- Tap Security.
- Select Database updates.
- Configure the following settings:
Auto updates enabled: when this setting is On, you receive threat database updates automatically. This setting must be on to enable the following settings:
- Auto update over WiFi only: when this setting is On, you only receive automatic database updates when using a WiFi internet connection.
- Update frequency: this setting allows you to select the update interval. Options include hourly, every 3 hours and every 6 hours.
Force update: displays the time and date of the last database update and allows you to manually update the databases.
- Tap the Update button to start a manual database update. If the Update button is greyed out, no update is available.