- Compatible with:
- Available in:
- Mobile Security
The Privacy Checker tool in Mobile Security version 5 categorizes apps by what information or actions the apps are capable of accessing or performing. Review the apps installed on your devices with Privacy Checker to understand the range of access and actions your installed apps have.
To view the Privacy Checker screen, tap Tools from the Dashboard, then Privacy Checker. Tap a category to see which apps are listed. To access more information about a specific app, tap the menu icon next to the app.
- Access the internet: apps with Internet access.
- Access your storage: apps can read and write files from your device’s memory.
- Access your personal data: apps can access your contacts, phone number, and web history.
- Access your accounts: apps have access to your added system account information, including, but not limited to, your Google account.
- Access your calendar: apps have access to your calendar.
- Track your location: apps can access your GPS location.
- Listen to your calls: apps can record your calls.
- Read your messages: apps can read your text messages.
- Make calls: apps can make calls without user confirmation.
- Make calls and send messages: apps can make calls and send text messages without user confirmation.
- Control hardware: apps can access device hardware including, but not limited to, your camera or NFC adapters.
- Act as a device administrator: apps have device administrator permissions.
- Install apps silently: apps can install other apps without notification.
- Download files silently: apps can download files without notification.
- Change your security settings: apps can access and change your PIN or lock patterns.
- Display over other apps: apps can read, record, and alter your screen.
- Create shortcuts: apps can create shortcuts on the main screen, a tactic used by ad networks.
- Use accessibility services: apps can monitor your device’s activity.