- Compatible with:
- Available in:
- Mobile Security
The Real-Time Protection, Ransomware Protection, and Safe Browsing Scanner security features in Mobile Security version 5 help protect your device from malicious websites, ransomware, and phishing links. Turn on these security features to protect your device.
Real-Time Protection blocks malicious files and apps, as well as ransomware threats with its Ransomware Protection capability.
- On the Mobile Security Dashboard, under Security, toggle On Real-Time Protection.
- If the Usage Access permission prompt displays, tap Enable now to grant the required permission.
The Ransomware Protection capability is automatically enabled and disabled along with Real-Time Protection. However, users can toggle Ransomware Protection On and Off at any time without affecting Real-Time Protection.
Ransomware Protection can be unintentionally triggered by plugging in headphones and power cords or by adjusting volume settings. If this happens, you can access Ransomware Protection settings by following these steps:
- On the Mobile Security Dashboard, tap Settings.
- Tap Security
- Tap Protection
- Toggle Ransomware Protection On or Off.
Safe Browsing Scanner
Safe Browsing Scanner detects malicious websites when using a Chrome browser on mobile devices.
- On the Mobile Security Dashboard, under Security, toggle On Safe Browsing Scanner.
- If the Accessibility Services permission prompt displays, grant this permission by toggling on Safe Browsing Scanner on your device's Accessibility screen. Different devices may require different steps to enable this feature.