- Compatible with:
- iOS, iPadOS
- Available in:
- Mobile Security
Mobile Security version 5 provides two ways to report fraudulent phone numbers; from the Mobile Security app and from your iPhone's contacts. When you receive a call or text message from a potential scammer, report it to Malwarebytes. Once reported, our researchers will investigate and add the number to the fraudulent number database.
From the Mobile Security app
- On the Mobile Security Dashboard, tap Call Protection.
- Scroll down to Reported numbers, tap Report a number.
- In the Report a number screen, enter the number in the field.
- Select a reason for reporting the number.
- Tap Report on the top right to submit. The number appears in the Reported numbers list.
- From your phone’s Home screen, open the Phone app or the Messages app.
- On the Phone app, locate the scammer’s phone number in your call history. On the Messages app, tap into the scammer's message chain, then tap on their profile picture.
- Tap info.
- Tap Share Contact.
- Tap Report as fraudulent.
- In the Report a number form, select a reason for reporting the number.
- In the top right corner, click Report.
- After the report is submitted, a panel will appear confirming your submission. To exit this panel, tap Close.