Make sure your browsing experience is protected by checking your Browser Guard status, and your device is protected by running Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus from the Full protection screen in Browser Guard. This screen displays on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers installed on Windows devices.
Open Browser Guard by clicking the Malwarebytes icon on the right of your search bar, then click the Full protection tab on the main screen.
Browser Guard status
Browser Guard statuses include:
- Activated: Browser Guard protection is active.
- Updated means you're running the most up-to-date version of Browser Guard.
- Click Update to download and install a new version of Browser Guard.
- Inactive: Browser Guard protection is turned off.
- Click Activate to enable protection for all websites.
Device security status
The device security status indicates if Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus is installed, and if actions are required to enable additional protection.
- Not installed: Security & Antivirus is not installed on your Windows device.
- Click Free install to download and install the latest version of the Security & Antivirus app.
- Installed: The Security & Antivirus app is installed on your Windows device.
- If running the Free version, we recommend you click Upgrade to purchase a subscription and get additional protection.
- When running the Security & Antivirus app with an active subscription, click Learn more to see information on Premium features and functionality.