MacOS endpoints running Cisco IPSec VPN alongside Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response may experience a loss of network connection if Network Events and Endpoint Isolation are enabled in your policy settings.
This is limited to endpoints on MacOS 10.15 Catalina and 11.0 Big Sur due to a network protocol conflict.
To resolve, update Mac endpoints running Cisco IPSec VPN to MacOS 11.1 Big Sur.
If unable to update endpoints, turn off the following Endpoint Detection and Response settings within Malwarebytes Nebula as a workaround:
- Log in to your Malwarebytes Nebula account.
- On the left navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click Policies, then select the applicable policy.
- On the policy page, under the Mac tab, select Settings.
- Scroll down and find Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Settings > Network Events.
- Toggle off Network Events.
- Scroll down further to find Endpoint Isolation (EDR).
- Toggle off Lock/Unlock Endpoints.
- Click the Save button at the top of the policy page.
If the issue persists, submit a support ticket with us below.