Connection mode in Malwarebytes Privacy for Windows allows you to tunnel your internet connection through two servers. This feature provides additional protection to your online activity. Enabling this feature may slow internet speeds since your traffic is routed through a secondary layer. This article explains the different Connection modes, and how to enable the feature.
Connection mode offers three different options that take effect when Privacy is turned on:
- Single server (recommended): Your connection is encrypted through a single server. This is the default and recommended option.
- Automatic multihop (pick final server): Your connection is routed through two servers, and Privacy automatically selects the first server based on your network speed and location. You choose the final server destination.
- Manual multihop (pick both): Your connection is routed through two servers, and you pick both the first and final servers.
Enable Automatic or Manual multihop
To change Connection mode to route automatically or manually:
- Open Malwarebytes Privacy.
- In the upper-right corner, click Settings .
- In Settings, click the Network tab.
- Under Connection mode, select Automatic multihop or Manual multihop from the dropdown menu.
- Click the back arrow to return to the app Dashboard.
- Click Change server location.
- Select your First server and/or Final server for the chosen Connection mode.
- Once servers are selected, click Change.
- Tap the toggle to enable Privacy.
Return to the Malwarebytes Privacy guide