While Malwarebytes Privacy is enabled, some websites, services, or applications may incorrectly indicate your device's location. For example, you may select a server location in a major US city, but a website may indicate your location as being in another country.
This issue could be caused by:
- Another VPN service running simultaneously with Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Websites or applications with outdated databases. These may take time to update globally.
- Torrenting on a device which does not support Peer-to-Peer (P2P) traffic.
To verify your location is accurate to the server location you selected:
- Turn ON Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Visit one of the following sites to confirm your device's location:
If you identify a website or application that may be incorrectly displaying your device location and wish to notify Malwarebytes, click Submit a support ticket at the bottom of this article.