The Malwarebytes Privacy for iOS guide covers the basics of using the program. Learn how to download and install Malwarebytes Privacy, activate the program, connect to a private server, and other functions.
- iOS 14, 15
Install and activate
To download and setup Malwarebytes Privacy:
- Tap the App Store .
- In the App Store, search for Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Locate Malwarebytes Privacy and tap GET.
- Once the download completes, tap OPEN.
- Tap Accept and continue.
- Tap one of the options below and follow the on-screen steps:
- Start your 7-day trial: This option unlocks a free 7-day trial of Malwarebytes Privacy. After the trial period, your Apple account is charged if you continue to use the Privacy app.
- Already have a subscription: This option unlocks Malwarebytes Privacy for iOS with your existing subscription. For more information, see Activate Malwarebytes Privacy using My Account on iOS.
- Tap Get started.
- Tap Allow. You'll be asked to verify your Apple account.
- Once signed in, the Dashboard displays.
Connect to a VPN server
To connect to the VPN:
- From the Dashboard, tap the VPN server location option.
- Tap a city from the list of available locations.
- Tap the toggle to enable Privacy.
Tap Help to find helpful resources or your Privacy app and build version.
From the bottom navigation, tap Settings to view the following:
- Subscription: This section displays your Privacy subscription status and email. If you purchased your subscription in the iOS app, Sign in to your My Account to link your purchase and use your subscription on other platforms. For more information, see Link Malwarebytes Privacy for iOS in-app purchase with My Account.
- If you're signed in, tap Manage Malwarebytes account to open My Account.
- Auto connect VPN: Switch on this toggle if you want Malwarebytes Privacy to connect automatically to a server as soon as the application opens.
- Allow push notifications: Switch on this toggle if you want to enable push notifications.
- Enable diagnostic mode: If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, your agent may request you switch this toggle on to Export diagnostic data. For more information, see Collect diagnostic data in Malwarebytes Privacy for iOS devices.
- Deactivate this device: Tap this button to remove this device from your Privacy subscription.
- Delete Malwarebytes account: Tap this button to delete your My Account profile. For more information, see Delete Malwarebytes account in Malwarebytes Privacy VPN for iOS.