Malwarebytes for Windows 4.5.21 released on 30 January, 2023.
Features and improvements
- Added translations for new UI flows.
- Improved error handling for update issues: Today users see an error dialog if the UI is open when a background update fails. This is a poor user experience because the issue is most often automatically resolved on the next update attempt.
- Minor performance improvements.
- New background: Malwarebytes has a fresh new look thank to the newly added Clean Sky background. Now users can choose between three great backgrounds to personalize Malwarebytes.
- Security Advisor:
- Check startup apps: Assists you in optimizing your computer performance by helping to find apps that have a high impact on Windows startup.
- Notify for new issues: Updated the display logic so that these notifications no longer auto-dismiss.
- Scan reminder for new downloads: Our Free product is now even more amazing with new logic that reminds you to scan when we find new files in the download folder. While this isn’t a substitute for Real-Time Protection, it helps build better security habits.
- Smart Scan: We just changed the game for scheduled scans with Smart Scan! The Smart Scan option now allows a scheduled scan to start only if the computer is in an idle state. Limiting scheduled scans to start only idle time will provide a significant performance improvement as the default nightly scheduled scan (that is typically skipped because the device is usually powered off at night) will no longer kickoff when the computer is first started and hog resources that are needed for the task at hand.
- Smart Scan is automatically enabled for the default scheduled scan.
- Smart Scan is on by default for all new scheduled scans.
- Button displays incorrectly in Dark mode.
- Global statistics not populating on Real-Time Protection page.
- Missing scan details on Scheduled Scans page.