If you experience technical issues when trying to download and install Malwarebytes for Windows version 4, see this article for troubleshooting. See below for solutions to both network related issues and installation issues.
- The download for Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 is now an online stub installer. This means an active internet connection is required during installation.
- The following may impact the installer's ability to download needed installation components:
- Third-party Anti-Virus software. You may need to temporarily disable or uninstall other Anti-Virus software before downloading Malwarebytes. Contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- VPN or proxy settings
- General network issues, such as slow or intermittent internet connection.
- The installer needs access to ark.mwbsys.com on port 443. This URL must be excluded in any third-party Anti-Virus software and allowed through firewall or other network filtering software you may have running.
- Currently, you cannot run the Malwarebytes version 4 installer from a network drive. You must run the installer locally on the machine you want to install Malwarebytes on.
- If network issues persist during installation, download and run the Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 offline installer: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline
- To minimize potential software conflicts, disable or temporarily uninstall third-party security software and try the Malwarebytes for Windows installation again.
- Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 is not supported on Windows XP or Vista.
- If the installer prompts a system reboot, we recommend consenting immediately. After the reboot, the Malwarebytes for Windows installer will run silently in the background. Do not attempt to manually launch any installer or launch any existing Malwarebytes product. If the installation was successful, the Malwarebytes for Windows user interface will open automatically.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Malwarebytes, you cannot change the location of the install from the advanced page of the setup wizard. the Browse button will be disabled. If you want to change the install location, first uninstall your old Malwarebytes version in the Windows Programs and Features. For un-installation help, refer to Uninstall Malwarebytes for Windows v4.
If download or install problems persist after trying the troubleshooting provided above:
- Submit a ticket with Malwarebytes Customer Support.
- Unless instructed to by a Customer Support agent, do not perform a repair or uninstall with the Malwarebytes Support Tool.