Scanning your computer helps detect and remove malware, viruses, trojans, and other potentially unwanted items. If you have Malwarebytes on a Mac device, we recommend scanning your computer at least once a week, even if you have Real-Time Protection turned On.
Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac
With Malwarebytes for Mac, you can run a Threat Scan whenever your computer is turned on. Scheduled scans are available for the Malwarebytes for Mac Premium and Trial versions.
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac.
- On the Scanner card, click the blue Scan button.
- If no threats were found, congratulations! If threats were detected, check the boxes next to items you want to quarantine or keep on your Mac.
There are two actions you can take with checked items:
- Click Cancel to skip further processing of the checked items.
- Click Confirm to move the checked items to your quarantine.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Mac guide v4