To uninstall Malwarebytes software from your Windows computer, use the Control Panel. Control Panel is a Windows utility that includes tools to uninstall/change software on your computer.
Control Panel can uninstall our software. By doing this, it will delete Malwarebytes' settings, configuration files and deactivate your license. To thoroughly uninstall and delete Malwarebytes configuration files, refer to the article Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
Uninstall Malwarebytes software with Control Panel
- Open the Start menu located at the bottom-left of your screen.
- Search for Control Panel, then click Control Panel to open the application.
For help locating and using Control Panel, refer to Microsoft's article Where is Control Panel?
- From Control Panel, click Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Click the Malwarebytes software you want to uninstall, then click Uninstall/Change.
- If a User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
User Account Control helps ensure you have given permission to uninstall your Malwarebytes software.
- When Malwarebytes has been successfully removed from your computer, click OK to exit.
For more information on how to uninstall a program from Windows, refer to Microsoft's articles:
- Uninstall apps and programs (Windows 10)
- Tips to free up drive space on your PC (Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1)
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide v4