Play Mode allows you to hide Malwarebytes notifications when selected apps are in full screen on Windows devices. We recommend enabling Play Mode when playing games, watching movies, and giving presentations. This articles shows you how to enable and disable Play Mode, and how to add multimedia apps for this feature. Play Mode is available for Malwarebytes Premium subscribers.
Malwarebytes for Windows 3.7.1 or higher is required to use Play Mode. Refer to Upgrading to the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows to make sure you have the latest version.
Turn Play Mode On or Off
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Settings, then click the Applications tab.
- Locate the Play Mode section.
- Automatically enable Play Mode when a selected app is detected is On by default. Toggle the switch Off if you wish to see Malwarebytes notifications even when using full screen multimedia apps.
Add new applications to let Play Mode know when to hide Malwarebytes notifications. Learn how to manage applications for the Play Mode feature below.
Manage Applications for Play Mode
- Click Manage Applications under the Play Mode section.
- Click Add.
- Enter the application name, then click Browse... to locate and select the desired application from your computer.
- Click OK when finished.