We've identified incidents where Trend Micro's business products conflict with the Malwarebytes cloud platform. In some incidents, Trend Micro products block installations, updates, and other operations related to Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes and Trend Micro will work side by side with the correct exclusions in place. To help prevent conflicts between Trend Micro products and your Malwarebytes software, add mutual exclusions to the settings in both security software using the instructions below.
Configure policy scan settings in Trend Micro
Follow the steps below to configure Trend Micro's policy scan settings to prevent any exclusion conflicts with Malwarebytes software.
- Open the Trend Micro application.
- Click POLICIES > click the policy you wish to configure.
- In the Configure Policy menu, click Scan Settings.
- Under Real-Time Scan, click Configure Settings.
- In the Real-Time Scan Settings menu, select Created or modified.
- Click OK > click Save.
Now you may proceed to add exclusions.
Set exclusions in Trend Micro
Follow the steps below to add your Malwarebytes software to Trend Micro's exclusions.
2. You will need to exclude our programs in each of the next 3 layers. Refer to Malwarebytes cloud platform exclusions list for more information.
3. In Trend, navigate to Trusted Program List Settings and add the exclusions for our programs.
4. Go to Predictive Machine Learning Settings and do the same. These will require you to use the SHA1 hash of the executable for the exclusion.
Set exclusions in Malwarebytes cloud console
Add Trend Micro to your Malwarebytes software's exclusions.
- Log in to the Malwarebytes cloud console.
- Click Settings > Exclusions.
- Click New, then add the Trend Micro file paths.
To see more detailed instructions for exclusions in the Malwarebytes cloud console, refer to the article Add exclusions to the Malwarebytes cloud console.
Here is a list of Trend Micro file and folder paths you should exclude in your Malwarebytes software:
Files by path
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tm*.sys (This is a wildcard exclusion. Add each entry manually. For full list of drivers, see Trend Micro's article Security Agent (SA) drivers in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 8.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\tmxpflt.sys
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\ntrtscan.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\TmListen.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\HostedAgent\CPM\TMCPMAdapter.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\HostedAgent\CPM\TMCPMCLI.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\CCFS\TmCCSF.exe
- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Endpoint Application Control Agent\AcAgentService.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\Temp\*
- C:\ProgramData\Trend Micro\AMSP\*
Folders by path
- C:\ProgramData\Trend Micro\AMSP
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\*