The Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection installation process is designed to simplify the migration from other Malwarebytes products. Once the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent is deployed to a machine it then registers to your cloud account, performs a cleanup of any older Malwarebytes clients currently installed, and begins installing your cloud protection modules.
Deploy Endpoint Agent using the Malwarebytes Discovery and Deployment Tool
To begin, designate a machine in your network that will be used to remotely deploy the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent to your machines. Then, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Malwarebytes Cloud.
- On the left menu pane, select Endpoints > Add Endpoints.
- Download the Malwarebytes Discovery and Deployment Tool.
- Login to the Malwarebytes Discovery and Deployment Tool using the same credentials used to access the Malwarebytes Cloud. Be sure to configure proxy settings if one is in use prior to logging in.
- Once logged in, select Scan Network > Network
- Click Change Network Credentials.
- Enter Local or Domain administrator credentials for the target machines. Click OK.
- Click Scan.
- Enter an IP address or range of IP addresses to scan on your network in order to discover machines you can deploy to.
- Click Scan Network when ready. Probing your machines may take a few minutes.
- Select the machines you wish to deploy to from the list of probed machines. Click Install.
- Once again, enter the local or domain administrator credentials for the target machine(s) > click OK. Be sure to enable Apply Proxy Settings if utilizing a proxy.
Once you have successfully deployed the Endpoint Agent to your machines, they will attempt to register into your cloud account and begin to download & apply your protection and configuration. It is during this time that the installer for your protection removes other versions of Malwarebytes clients currently installed on the machines.
You can now see and manage the target machines in your cloud console in the Manage Endpoints tab.
For details on other deployment methods available, refer to the Malwarebytes Cloud Console Administrator Guide.