Install Malwarebytes on your Mac device
- Download the latest endpoint security zip file, Malwarebytes Endpoint Security for Business.
- Right click the Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security zip folder and select in the context menu.
- Once extracted, open the Unmanaged folder > Mac > Protection.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-x.x.x.xxx.pkg to start the setup wizard.
Malwarebytes is an identified Apple developer. However, if your macOS settings have been set to only allow apps from the Apple App Store to be opened, you may receive a security warning dialog that the app was not downloaded from the App Store. Refer to Apple's article MacOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer for more information.
- The next screen shows improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click
- Click Install.
- Enter your User Name and Password, then click
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click
- If the Malwarebytes for Mac installer is located in the Downloads folder, you will see a prompt with options to Keep or Move to Trash.
- Click Activate Protection on the following screen.
- You will see the following prompt > click OK.
- Click Open Privacy Settings to open the Security and Privacy window.
- Click General > Allow on the Security and Privacy window to enable the required extension for Real-Time Protection.
- In Malwarebytes for Mac, click Done. The Malwarebytes Dashboard then appears.
Continue to activate your license key for Malwareybtes for Mac.
Activate Malwarebytes on your Mac device
- In the Malwarebytes Dashboard, click .
- Enter your license key into the Activate Product window > click Activate License.
- When Real-time Protection features are activated, the upper-left corner of the Dashboard states .