Download and Install Malwarebytes
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg.
3.x.y.zzz represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the folder.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg to start the setup wizard.
Malwarebytes is an identified Apple developer. However, if your macOS settings have been set to only allow apps from the Apple App Store to be opened, you may receive a security warning dialog that the app was not downloaded from the App Store. Refer to Apple's article MacOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer for more information.
- The next screen shows the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer's User Name and Password, then click
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click
- If the MB for Mac installer is located in the Downloads folder, you will see a prompt with options to Keep or Move to Trash.
- After you've completed the steps above, you will see the following screen.
If you have installed Malwarebytes before, you may not see this screen or the following steps. Skip to the end of the article if this is the case.
- If you click Not Now, you will be directed to the Dashboard.
- Click Turn Protection On and the following screen is displayed. Click OK.
- Click Open Privacy Settings. The System Preferences window opens.
- Go to Security & Privacy > General tab, if necessary, click the Allow button. This is required to enable real-time protection.
If you purchased a Premium subscription, Activate Malwarebytes for Mac Premium to access features such as Real-Time Protection.
- Find my premium license key
- Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac
- Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
Still need help? Chat with us.