Occasionally the Malwarebytes endpoint agent service may not start when the computer is booted up. We are currently working on a fix for this. As a temporary workaround until a permanent fix is released, please follow the steps below. We have instructions for how to fix it with a scheduled task and to do it through group policy editor.
Scheduled Task fix:
1. Download MBWake.cmd and save it to the desktop.
2. Right click on the script and Run as Administrator.
3. When finished, you should see a message that says 'Success' and the CMD window will close.
At this point, the Task will be created and ready to run on next reboot.
Group policy setup:
1. Download the attached bat zip (StartMB.zip) and extract the file inside (StartMB.bat). Save it somewhere where it won’t be interacted with by users.
2. Open Local Group Policy Editor as administrator.
a. Type in gpedit.msc into the search bar on Windows and right-click > Run as Administator
3. Expand Windows Settings under Computer Configuration
a. You’ll find Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
4. Double-click Startup on the left side
5. In Startup Properties under the Scripts tab, click Add
a. Select Browse and find the script that was saved in step 1 of these instructions
b. Hit OK
c. Hit Apply on the Startup Properties window
d. Hit OK to exit
6. Exit Group Policy Editor
Now on reboot, the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service will start without any issues. If you have any questions or still have issues, please contact support.