To create a scheduled scan in Malwarebytes for Mac, you must have purchased a Premium subscription and activated the subscription in the application.
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Click Settings in the right panel.
- The Default hourly scan displays. You can modify the default settings or create a new schedule scan.
If the scheduled scan is set to run and your computer is off or in sleep mode, the scan runs when the computer is powered on or awakened from sleep.
- To add a new scheduled scan, click on the + icon.
- The New Scheduled Scan displays in the left pane.
- Configure the scheduled scan by:
- Click in the Name field and rename the scan.
- Check the Allow this scan to be performed checkbox.
- Choose the Starts at: date and time for the scan to run.
- Set the frequency of the scan by setting the Repeats: every fields.
- Check the Ignore PUPs checkbox, if you want Malwarebytes to ignore PUPs.
- Check the Quarantine malware automatically checkbox.
- Click Apply to save.
If you are running Malwarebytes for Mac Free version, it has a monthly scan you can modify or disable but you can't delete.