If you are unable to run Malwarebytes Breach Remediation or Forensic Timeliner on an endpoint, there may be an issue with the security certificates on the endpoint.
The following error messages will be displayed.
- Malwarebytes Breach Remediation: Application integrity verification failed
- Forensic Timeliner: Error: Timeliner's digital signature is not trusted or tampered
Resolution is to download and install the latest certificates from DigiCert. You must have Administrator privileges on the endpoint to complete the following steps.
- On the endpoint machine, go to Digicert and download the following security certificates.
- DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2)
- Import the extracted security certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
- For Verisign Universal Root Certification Authority, please make sure the computer is up to date on windows updates. If the certificate is still missing or outdated, export one from a machine with a known good version of the certificate.