Some issues with activating Malwarebytes Premium are caused by minor errors, such as an incorrect or missing character. Malwarebytes for Windows may not accept your license key if:
- the characters in your license key have been entered incorrectly.
- the license key is not compatible with the Malwarebytes product you are trying to activate.
- the license key is expired, blacklisted, or has been activated too many times.
To help resolve activation issues, we recommend you:
- check your license key for missing or incorrect characters. For example, the letter S can be mistaken for the number 5.
- copy and paste your license key instead of typing in the key manually.
- make sure you've entered your license ID, if you have an ID.
If you've tried activating your license key and received an error message, refer to the Windows errors below for further assistance.
|Your license key is not intended for the Malwarebytes Product you are trying to activate. For example, Lifetime licenses are only valid for Malwarebytes for Windows.||Go to the Malwarebytes store to purchase a license for Malwarebytes for Mac or Malwarebytes for Android.|
We are unable to find your installation token, which is used to confirm your Malwarebytes application is genuine.
|Open a support ticket.|
Your license key has been activated on too many devices, exceeding your license key's activation limit.
Deactivate your license key from your other devices. For assistance, see how to Transfer or Deactivate Malwarebytes Premium license key or Manage subscriptions in My Account.