Call Protection is a Premium feature that warns you if a suspected scammer is attempting to contact you on your iOS device. Call Protection uses your phone number and contacts to ensure calls from known numbers are not affected. You can customize Call Protection to verify your phone number, allow Malwarebytes to access your contacts, and block fraudulent or spoofed phone calls.
- Open Malwarebytes for iOS.
- Next to Call Protection, tap Activate.
- Tap Activate protection.
If you don't have a Malwarebytes for iOS Premium subscription, the app requires you to purchase a subscription to continue.
- Enter your phone number, then tap Continue.
- Your phone number is used to help identify potential spam callers who may use methods such as neighbor spoofing.
- We do not share this information outside of your device.
- Verify your phone number, then tap Continue.
- When prompted to allow Malwarebytes access to your contacts, tap Allow access.
- To allow Malwarebytes to access your contacts, tap OK.
- Tap Go to Settings.
- Scroll down, then tap Phone.
- Tap Call Blocking & Identification.
- Next to Malwarebytes, tap the toggle to turn Call Protection on.
To verify Call Protection is turned on, open Malwarebytes for iOS and view the Dashboard. A green switch appears next to settings that are turned on. If a setting is off, the switch is gray or says Activate instead.