While installing Malwarebytes for Windows, you may encounter a runtime error message similar to the example below.
Runtime Error (at xx:xxx):
Could not call proc.
Malwarebytes for Windows needs to be able to save files to the %TEMP% folder during installation. If the Malwarebytes for Windows setup file encounters Runtime Error: Could not call proc. during installation, this suggests the %TEMP% folder is either located on a network or Random Access Memory Drive, also known as a RAMDrive or RAMDisk.
If Malwarebytes for Windows displays Runtime Error: Could not call proc. during installation, follow the steps below to install Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- When the black Command Prompt window opens, type the commands below into the window. Press Enter after each line.
- Type mb3-consumer-setup-x.x.x.xxxx, replacing x.x.x.xxxx with the setup file numbers downloaded in step 1.
- Press Enter to start the Malwarebytes for Windows Setup Wizard.
Choose your setup language, then follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Click Agree and Install.
To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options.
- When installation is complete, click Finish.
A fix for this issue will be released in a future upgrade of Malwarebytes for Windows. If Malwarebytes for Windows notifies you an upgrade is available, we recommend installing the upgrade to receive the latest features, improvements, and fixes. To see which upgrades have been released, refer to the Malwarebytes for Windows Release History.