If you're experiencing an issue with Malwarebytes for Windows, you can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to help troubleshoot the issue, create logs, and open a ticket with the Malwarebytes Support team. Before you use the Support Tool, verify your computer is connected to the Internet or see how to Use the Malwarebytes Support Tool without an Internet connection.
If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, refer to the article Upload logs to my Malwarebytes Support ticket.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To open the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool opens, the application automatically downloads the latest updates.
- To accept the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, click the box next to Accept License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- Click Get Started.
- To create a new ticket, click the box next to, I do not have a support ticket.
You may leave the Email Address and Ticket Number fields blank.
- Click Next.
- Click the drop-down box arrow and select the issue you're having with your Malwarebytes software or account.
Malwarebytes Support Tool includes self-serve options intended to help direct you to online material relevant to the issue you're experiencing.
- Depending on the issue you select, the Malwarebytes Support Tool provides a list of suggestions that may help you.
To view a suggestion in your default browser, click the link that best describes your issue.
If the suggested content did not help you, proceed to step 11.
If the content helped you resolve your issue, you may close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Check the box next to Open a ticket.
- Complete the form, then click Submit.
Once you submit the form, the Malwarebytes Support Tool begins creating your ticket.
- Once the Malwarebytes Support Tool has created your ticket, the tool gathers troubleshooting information and uploads to a secure Malwarebytes server.
Allow the Malwarebytes Support Tool to run without closing the application or turning off your computer.
If you decide you do not want to upload logs to Malwarebytes Support, click Cancel.
- After your ticket has been created successfully, click Exit to close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
When the Support ticket is created, a confirmation email is sent to you. To add more information to your ticket, reply to the confirmation email.