If you're experiencing an issue with Malwarebytes for Windows, you can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to help troubleshoot the issue, create logs, and open a ticket with the Malwarebytes Support team. Before you use the Support Tool, verify your computer is connected to the Internet or see how to Use the Malwarebytes Support Tool without an Internet connection.
If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, refer to the article Upload Support Tool logs to my Malwarebytes Support ticket.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To open the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe. You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool opens, the application automatically downloads the latest updates.
NOTE: In order to run the Support Tool, it requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework be installed on your computer. If you receive the following error while running the tool:
Click OK to be taken to Microsoft's download page.
- Click the box next to Accept License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Get Started.
- To create a new ticket, click the box next to, I do not have a support ticket.
You may leave the Email Address and Ticket Number fields blank.
- Use the links provided to help resolve the issue you've encountered with your Malwarebytes software or account.
To see more, click the drop-down menu and select the issue you're experiencing.
- Click New Ticket.
- Complete the form, then click Submit.
Once you submit the form, the Malwarebytes Support Tool begins creating your ticket.
- The tool gathers troubleshooting information and uploads to a secure Malwarebytes server.
After your ticket has been created successfully, click Exit to close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
Allow the Malwarebytes Support Tool to run without closing the application or turning off your computer.
If you decide you do not want to upload logs to Malwarebytes Support, click Cancel.
When the Support ticket is created, a confirmation email is sent to you. To add more information to your ticket, reply to the confirmation email.