If you're experiencing an issue with Malwarebytes for Windows, you can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to help troubleshoot the issue, create logs, and open a ticket with the Malwarebytes Support team. Before you use the Support Tool, verify your computer is connected to the Internet or see how to Use the Malwarebytes Support Tool without an Internet connection. The Malwarebytes Support Tool can help with the following issues:
- program is unresponsive
- program locks on startup
- program will not open
- program shows Cannot Connect to Service
If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, refer to the article Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Support Tool
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To open the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe. You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool opens, the application automatically downloads the latest updates.
NOTE: Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required in order to run the Support Tool on your computer. If you receive the following error while running the tool:
Click OK to open Microsoft's download page and download the latest .NET Framework components.
- Click the box next to Accept License Agreement, then click Next.
Click Start Repair.
- Malwarebytes Support Tool scans for installed software and potential issues. If Malwarebytes is found on your Windows device, the Support Tool backs up configuration data, exclusions, quarantine data and Premium license key information.
- A prompt to reboot your computer appears after running the repair process. Ensure all open work is saved and click OK.
- After the computer reboots, Malwarebytes Support Tool automatically reopens. This may take a few minutes.
- Please wait while the Support Tool downloads and runs the installer for the latest version of Malwarebytes on Windows.
- The Malwarebytes dashboard opens once the installation completes. Check if you are still experiencing any issues with Malwarebytes.
If the repair process fixed the issue, close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.