If you have a ticket with Malwarebytes Support, you can upload troubleshooting logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. The Malwarebytes Support Tool is a troubleshooting and repair utility designed to upload data and help resolve issues with Malwarebytes for Windows.
To start, you must have an active Internet connection. If you are not connected to the Internet, see the article Use the Malwarebytes Support Tool without an Internet connection.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To run the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe. You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool opens, the application automatically downloads the latest updates.
NOTE: In order to run the Support Tool, it requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework be installed on your computer. If you receive the following error while running the tool:
Click OK to be taken to Microsoft's download page.
- Click the box next to Accept License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Get Started.
- Enter your email address and ticket number, then click Search.
- Click your support ticket from the results shown, then click Next.
- The tool gathers troubleshooting information and uploads to a secure Malwarebytes server.
After your logs have been uploaded successfully, click Exit to close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Allow the Malwarebytes Support Tool to run without closing the application or turning off your computer.
If you decide you do not want to upload logs to Malwarebytes Support, click Cancel.