If you have the Premium version of Malwarebytes for Windows, Malwarebytes for Mac or Malwarebytes for Android, you can turn Real-Time Protection on or off. You may find it helpful to turn off protection if you are experiencing an issue using another application or file on your device. If you turn off any Real-Time Protection modules, we recommend turning them back on to enhance your protection.
To turn Real-Time Protection on or off, refer to the instructions provided below for your Windows, Mac, or Android device.
Malwarebytes for Windows Premium
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- Click Settings, then click the Protection tab.
- Under Real-Time Protection, there are four protection layers. Click the switches below each protection layer to turn it on or off.
- If any protection layers are turned off, a User Account Control appears. Click Yes to confirm your changes.
Malwarebytes for Mac Premium
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac Premium.
- Click Dashboard.
- Under Real-Time Protection, click On to turn protection off. To turn protection on, click Off.
Malwarebytes for Android
- From your Android device, open Malwarebytes for Android.
- Tap the menu icon, scroll down, scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Tap Protection.
- Tap the checkbox next to Real-time protection and Anti-Ransomware protection to turn these features on or off.
If Real-time protection is off, Anti-Ransomware protection is automatically turned off.
- To enable additional protection, turn on the following:
- Scan links sent via SMS: detects phishing links text to your device
- Safe browsing scanner: detects malicious websites
If you've turned off Real-Time Protection on your device, turn protection back on as soon as possible to keep your device protected from malware.