If you have the Premium version of Malwarebytes for Windows or Malwarebytes for Mac, you can turn Real-Time Protection on or off. You may find it helpful to turn off protection if you are experiencing an issue using another application or file on your computer. If you turn off any Real-Time Protection modules, we recommend turning them back on to enhance your protection.
To turn off Real-Time Protection, refer to the instructions provided below for your Windows or Mac computer.
Malwarebytes for Windows Premium
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- Click Settings, then click the Protection tab.
- Under Real-Time Protection, use the buttons to toggle any one of the four protection modules on or off.
- When User Account Control appears, click Yes.
Malwarebytes for Mac Premium
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac Premium.
- Click Dashboard.
- Under Real-Time Protection, click On to turn protection off.
To turn protection on, click Off.
To help protect your computer from malware, we recommend turning on Real-Time Protection and leaving it on.