The Malwarebytes Support Tool Cleanup Utility removes Malwarebytes products, including their files, settings, and license information. To remove Malwarebytes business software from a Windows endpoint, download the Cleanup Utility, then run the Cleanup Utility from the Command Prompt.
In the Command Prompt, you can use switches to specify how you want to remove the Malwarebytes software. A list of switches and instructions on how to use them are noted in this article.
Download and run the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility
- Download the latest version of the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility and save it to the desktop.
2. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
3. In the command window, type in cd C:\Users\(name of username)\desktop or cd %userprofile%\desktop to navigate to the desktop.
4. If you want to run the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility and allow it to reboot, enter the command mbst.exe /y /cleanup.
Command line switches
Here is a list of switches you can use to execute the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility:
- Accepts the EULA. Without this command you will not be able to run the tool.
- Uninstalls all versions of Malwarebytes products it finds on the machine.
- Does not reinstall or reactivate the Malwarebytes installation.
- Generates output (mbst-clean-results.txt) to the directory where the Cleanup Utility was run from.
- Forces a reboot to perform post-reboot cleanup.
- Prevents the forced reboot flag after cleanup.