What is the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility?
The Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility, also referred to as the Clean Uninstall Tool or MB-Clean, is tool for uninstalling Malwarebytes software from your Windows computer. In addition to uninstalling Malwarebytes software, the Cleanup Utility removes Malwarebytes' files, settings, and license information.
Alternatively, you can use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall Malwarebytes software. However, Windows does not remove all files, settings, and license information from your computer.
Which Malwarebytes software does the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility remove?
- Malwarebytes for Windows
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
- Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware
When should I use the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility?
Use the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
- Trouble uninstalling any Malwarebytes software.
- Issues installing or upgrading to a newer version of Malwarebytes software.
- Malwarebytes Real-Time Protection is not starting.
What operating systems is the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility compatible with?
The Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility is compatible with the following supported operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3, 32-bit only)
Does the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility remove Mac products?
The Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility is incompatible with Mac operating systems.
To remove Malwarebytes software from your Mac, refer to the articles: