If you are running both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes for Windows on your computer, you may encounter an issue with Malwarebytes for Windows where you do not receive the IP Block notification.
Having the Rootkit scan and Advanced Disinfection enabled in Kaspersky breaks Malwarebytes for Windows web protection feature. In Malwarebytes for Windows, the web protection settings are shown as on but users do not receive the IP Block notification.
To confirm you have this issue, open a browser and go to http://iptest.malwarebytes.org. You should receive a notification from Malwarebytes for the web site being blocked.
Malwarebytes is providing the following workaround to the issue.
- Add all the exclusions listed in Malwarebytes for Windows antivirus exclusions list to Kaspersky Internet Security.
- Open Kaspersky application.
- Click on Settings / Additional tab.
- Click on Threats and Exclusions link.
- Uncheck the Enable Advanced Disinfection technology settings.
- Under Settings, click on Performance link.
- Uncheck the Perform regular rootkit scan option.
This setting could also be labeled as: