By default, the Malwarebytes Management Console does not remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) or Potentially Unwanted Modifications (PUMs) automatically. To configure the Malwarebytes Management Console to remove PUPs or PUMs automatically, follow the instructions below.
Edit policy to automatically remove PUPs and PUMs
- Open the Malwarebytes Management Console.
- To the left, click Policy.
- Click the policy you want to configure > Edit to open the Edit Policy window.
- Click the Scanner tab.
- View the Action for potentially unwanted programs (PUP) setting.
- Next to the setting, click the drop-down menu.
- Select Show in results list and check for removal.
- To change the Action for potentially unwanted modifications (PUM), repeat step 6 and 7.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- After the policy is updated, you can either run a scan manually or wait until your next scheduled scan.