If you find Malwarebytes for Windows is no longer installed after consenting to one of the update notifications depicted below, we recommend carrying out the following steps to get the latest version of Malwarebytes setup and running.
- Download the setup file for the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows using the link below.
Direct download link for Malwarebytes for Windows
- Run the downloaded mb3-setup-consumer-126.96.36.1998.exe file directly from within your browser or by opening your Downloads folder and double-clicking the file.
- Follow the installer prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Once Malwarebytes for Windows is installed, activate your Premium license if you have one. For details on how to do so, refer to our article: How-To: Activate a license in Malwarebytes for Windows
- You will now need to setup your desired Malwarebytes for Windows configuration by opening the Settings menu and adjusting where necessary. If you intend on leaving the product with default settings, no further action is required.
There are some instances that are a little more complex. If a reinstall did not help, then please send a support request from our support site.