To uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac, you can simply uninstall the program through the Mac's Help menu, or download and run our uninstall tool to remove every Malwarebytes program file and component.
Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac through the Help menu
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac.
- On the menu bar, click Help.
- Click Uninstall Malwarebytes.
- A prompt appears with the following message:
"This will completely remove the Malwarebytes software. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"
- Click Yes.
- Enter your Mac's password.
- Click OK.
Uninstall all Malwarebytes software from Mac computer
You can download our uninstall tool to remove Malwarebytes software from your Mac computer. This includes Malwarebytes for Mac, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and any Malwarebytes Business products.
- Click the Mac uninstall script to download the tool.
- In your Downloads folder, locate Uninstall_MWB.
- Double-click Uninstall_MWB to run the Malwarebytes removal tool.
- A window displays "Uninstall_MWB" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Click Open to continue.
- A window asks if you wish to proceed with removing all Malwarebytes software from your Mac. Click Yes to consent.
- Enter your Mac's password, then click OK.
Uninstall_MWB runs and removes Malwarebytes for Mac from your computer.
- When the uninstall completes, click OK.
To confirm Malwarebytes for Mac is no longer installed on your computer, search for Malwarebytes. If Malwarebytes for Mac does not appear, it was removed from your computer. To search for Malwarebytes, refer to Apple's article Mac Basics: Spotlight helps you find what you‘re looking for.