If a local machine is encountering issues with the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent, our Support team may request diagnostic logs to help troubleshoot the issue. To collect Endpoint Agent diagnostic logs from a Windows machine, refer to the instructions For Windows operating systems. For macOS and OS X diagnostic logs, see the instructions For Mac operating systems.
For Windows operating systems
Set the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent to debug mode, then use the Windows Command Prompt utility to collect the Endpoint Agent diagnostic logs.
Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent debug mode
- In Windows Explorer, go to the file path:
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent
- Find the file MBCloudEA.exe.Config.
- Open the file with Notepad.
Right-click the file, then click Edit.
- Press CTRL+F, then search for the word INFO.
In the results, look for the line <threshold value="INFO" />.
- Change INFO to DEBUG so that it says <threshold value="DEBUG" />.
- Save the file.
Generate debug logs
- Open Services, then restart the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service.
- Press CTRL+R.
- Type services.msc, then press Enter.
- Find the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service.
- Right-click the service, then click Restart.
- Reproduce the issue so the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent can run and generate new data.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the commands:
- After the commands above are executed, the folder MBDiagnostics is created and saved to the endpoint's desktop.
Send the folder to Malwarebytes Support.
For Mac operating systems
The macOS and OSX Endpoint Agents do not support command-line Follow the steps below to manually locate the log files.
- Press SHIFT+COMMAND+G to open the Go to Folder window.
In the Go to Folder window, enter the following file path:
If this computer has Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent v1.1 or older installed, enter the path here:
- Save the Logs folder to your desktop.
- Double-click the Data folder.
- Save the settings.dat file to your desktop.
- If you are troubleshooting installation issues with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, press SHIFT+COMMAND+G, then enter the following file path:
- Save the install.log file to your desktop.
- Send the logs you saved to your desktop to Malwarebytes Support.