Learn how to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac using the instructions in this article.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- The file name will be named Malwarebytes-x.x.x.xxx.dmg, where x.x.xxx is the version number.
- Locate the downloaded file.
- In most cases, files are downloaded into the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .dmg file to open the installer.
- Double-click the Install Malwarebytes 3.pkg icon to start the setup wizard.
The setup wizard will take you through multiple sections.
- Malwarebytes for Mac will run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Click Continue.
- Click Continue.
- Next, you will see improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- Malwarebytes for Mac's License Agreement will appear. Click Continue.
- Click Agree to acknowledge the License Agreement.
- The Installation Type will give you to option to change the install location. Click Install to use your Mac's default setting.
- Enter your Mac's username and password then click Install Software.
- After Malwarebytes for Mac is finished installing, click Close to exit the setup wizard.
After you've completed the steps above, you can open Malwarebytes for Mac to start using the application. If you purchased a Premium subscription, you will need to Activate Malwarebytes for Mac to enable the Premium feature set.
See the Malwarebytes for Mac User Guide to configure Malwarebytes for Mac's features. The Malwarebytes for Mac User Guide covers settings, scans, and more to help you be successful.