To use Malwarebytes for Mac on your macOS or OS X computer, download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac. You can use this article to guide you through the Malwarebytes for Mac installation process.
Install Malwarebytes for Mac
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg.
3.x.y.zzz represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg to start the setup wizard.
If you cannot open the downloaded file because it is from an unidentified developer, refer to Apple's article macOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer.
- The setup wizard needs to run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Click Continue.
- The setup wizard displays an introduction to Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- The next screen shows the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click Continue.
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click Agree.
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer's User Name and Password, then click Install Software.
If you have macOS High Sierra 10.13, the setup wizard needs permission to install Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Open Privacy Settings.
If you do not see this option, proceed to step 13.
- Click Allow, then close the Security & Privacy window. Refer back to the setup wizard and click Continue.
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click Close to exit the setup wizard.
After you've completed the steps above, open Malwarebytes for Mac to start using the application. If you purchased a Premium subscription, Activate Malwarebytes for Mac Premium to access features such as Real-Time Protection.
To configure settings, scans, and other features Malwarebytes for Mac offers, refer to the Malwarebytes for Mac User Guide.