There are times when Anti-Malware Mobile detects a malware but cannot remove it. This typically occurs when a detected application is:
- Installed on the system partition, as a System App, which cannot be uninstalled by a user level app, like Anti-Malware Mobile
- Installed on an external device storage like SD card
- or the detection could be a preinstalled malware or a false positive.
Here are five options for working around this issue.
- Disable the app – Can be done via Android Settings
- Settings > General tab > Apps.
- Tap on the malicious app listed
- Tap Force stop/disable or Uninstall.
If your device is ROOTED
- Determine if you have a ROOTED device, refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS).
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Remove the infection through Windows Explorer by navigating to the location specified in the Scan results.
- If an option, return the device where purchased.
The following workarounds (4 and 5) are reserved for advance users only. They are done at your own risk.
Install different ROM to replace infected one. Usually reserved for advanced users. Alternatively, do a factory reset on your device.
Root the device and uninstall the malicious apps.