Your computer may freeze after installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware due to resource conflicts that occur when the computer starts up. To work around this, you may need to delay Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's realtime Protection from starting immediately. Delaying the protection features will allow for the computer's drivers and services to start before allowing MBAM to start. To delay the protection features, please follow these steps:
For Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1:
If the freezing still occurs, you may need to increase the Delay Protection at startup setting. If your computer still freezes when the setting is at it's maximum, or if you have additional questions or need assistance with this particular scenario, please contact support.
Windows Vista or higher
1. Press the Windows Key
2. Immediately type services.msc and press Enter
3. When the services window opens, scroll down to MBAMService
4. Double-click MBAMService
5. Change the Startup Type to Automatic (Delayed Start)
6. Click OK
7. Restart your computer
1. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
2. Click the Protection tab
3. Uncheck the box Start protection module with Windows
- You will need to manually launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to provide realtime protection to your computer with this setting enabled.
4. Restart your computer
If your computer still freezes with these settings, or if you have additional questions or need assistance with this particular scenario, please contact support.