This article will show you how to download and run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST). Our support agents may ask you to run this tool to help diagnose issues.
- Download the correct FRST version. If you are unsure of which version to get, download both. Only the correct one will run.
- After downloading, find the FRST file and double-click it.
- You may by prompted by Windows SmartScreen informing you the file is unsafe. This is a generic Windows warning and can be disregarded by clicking More info followed by Run anyway.
- The main FRST window will now appear.
- Make sure the same boxes in this picture are checked on your FRST on your PC, then click Scan.
- The scan will now begin. This may take a few minutes.
- When the scan completes, a confirmation window will appear. Click OK followed by OK once more.
- The FRST.TXT and Addition.TXT logs will pop up on your screen.
- The files will be saved in the same location as the FRST tool you initially ran. If you are unable to find the files, a copy can be found in the following directory: C:\FRST\Logs.
Once the scan is complete, please attach the two generated files (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in an email reply to your support agent.