The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is used to collect diagnostic logs from your computer. Diagnostic logs help Malwarebytes support troubleshoot issues with your Malwarebytes application.
- There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download the version that is compatible with your computer.
Note: If you're not sure what version your computer is compatible with, download the 64-bit version first.
The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool tells you if the version is not compatible with your computer.
- Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
- Double-click the file FRST64 to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
The 32-bit file is named FRST.
- If Windows SmartScreen informs you the file is unsafe, this is a generic Windows message. The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is safe.
To run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, do the following:
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Click Yes to accept the disclaimer.
- On the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, make sure the following boxes are checked:
- Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.
- A window appears to confirm the scan is complete and FRST.txt is saved to your computer. Click OK.
The FRST.txt log opens after you click OK.
- To confirm Addition.txt is saved to your computer, click OK.
The Addition.txt log opens after you click OK.
- Locate the logs FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
FRST.txt and Addition.txt are saved in the same location as the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
You can find copies of FRST.txt and Addition.txt in C:\FRST\Logs.