We are currently aware that customers who are attempting to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile on some tablets are receiving an error message that the app is not compatible with their device. This error message is a result of the Google Play Store’s limitations on Android apps – since Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile scans incoming SMS messages for phishing scams, the Store incorrectly assumes that it can only be installed on devices with SMS capabilities. This will be addressed in an upcoming version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile, but in the meantime there is a workaround for our customers who would like to install version 1.05 on their Android tablets.
- Temporarily allow your tablet to install apps from Unknown Sources
- Open the Settings menu
- Tap Security
- Change Unknown Sources to On
- Download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile 2.0 APK to your tablet from this link.
- Launch the APK to install the application
- Disable installing apps from Unknown Sources per step 1
This should install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0 on your tablet. When the next update is available, this issue should no longer occur.